Warranty Questions or Concerns
The Wilbur Curtis Company certifies that its products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use.
The following limited warranty and conditions apply.
- Parts and Labor Coverage on Digital Control Boards 3 Years from Original Date of Purchase
- Replacement Coverage on Electrical and Qualifying Components 2 Years from Original Date of Purchase
- Labor Coverage on Electrical and Qualifying Components 1 Year from Original Date of Purchase
Additionally, the Wilbur Curtis Company warrants its Grinding Burrs for forty (40) months from date of purchase or 40,000 pounds of coffee, whichever comes first Stainless Steel components are warranted for two (2) years from date of purchase against leaking or pitting. Compressors on refrigeration equipment (CFB) are warranted for five (5) years, parts and one (1) year labor, from the original date of purchase. Replacement parts are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of purchase or for the remainder of the limited warranty period of the equipment in which the component is installed.
All in-warranty service calls must have prior authorization. For authorization, call the Technical Support Department at 800-995-0417.
Conditions & Exceptions
The warranty covers original equipment at the time of purchase only. The Wilbur Curtis Company assumes no responsibility for substitute replacement parts installed on Curtis equipment that has not been purchased from Newtech Beverage Systems Ltd. The Wilbur Curtis Company will not accept any responsibility if the following conditions are not met. The warranty does not cover:
Adjustments and cleanings: The resetting of safety thermostats and circuit breakers, programming and temperature adjustments are the responsibility of the equipment owner The owner is responsible for proper cleaning and regular maintenance of this equipment.
Replacement of items subject to normal use and wear: This includes, but is not limited to, spray heads, light bulbs, shear disks, “O” rings, gaskets, silicone tubing, canister assemblies, whipper chambers, plates, mixing bowls, agitation assemblies and whipper propellers.
The warranty is void under the following circumstances:
- Improper operation of equipment: The equipment must be used for its designed and intended purpose and function.
- Improper installation of equipment: This equipment must be installed by a professional technician and must comply with all local electrical, mechanical and plumbing codes.
- Improper voltage: Equipment must be installed at the voltage stated on the serial plate supplied with this equipment.
- Improper water supply: This includes, but is not limited to, excessive or low water pressure and inadequate or fluctuating water flow rate.
- Damaged in transit: Equipment damaged in transit is the responsibility of the freight company and a claim should be made with the carrier.
- Abuse or neglect (including failure to periodically clean or remove lime accumulations): The manufacturer is not responsible for variation in equipment operation due to excessive lime or local water conditions. The equipment must be maintained according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Repairs and/or replacements are subject to Curtis’ decision that the workmanship or parts were faulty and the defects showed up under normal use. All labor shall be performed during regular working hours. Overtime charges are the responsibility of the owner. Charges incurred by delays, waiting time, or operating restrictions that hinder the service technician’s ability to perform service is the responsibility of the owner of the equipment. This includes institutional and correctional facilities. Wilbur Curtis Co., Inc. will allow up to 160kms, round trip, per in-warranty service call.